Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ohio . . . . . Arizona . . . . Ohio . . . . Arizona Hmmm


If you asked these two winter-weary comrades - I'll bet they'd choose Arizona.









OK, wiseacres - you can come up with your own caption, but Chilhuly calls this 'Saffron Tower',



This pix is a metaphor for my winter-scrambled brain.



Another planet far far away. Sunlight, birds, faces that smile. Oh,sure, but find a decent mud puddle! Nah-ni-nah-ni-nah-na. We Ohioans have mud and you AZonians dohon't . . . ;0)


(Disclosure:0) We did get to enjoy a week of this very special place.
____________________________________________________________________________

7 comments:

julie said...

Beautiful! Where is the Chihuly glass being shown?

Cathy said...

Hi Julie,

It's The Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix.
I hope this link works:
http://www.chihuly.com/installations/DesertBotanicalGarden/DesertBotanicalGarden002.html

NatureWoman said...

Ohhh, how beautiful! I love the DBG and miss being there. Maybe next year!

threecollie said...

Oh! Those things are so gorgeous! Just seeing them lifted my heart right up. I love glass!
Thanks!

Mary said...

Beautiful! Mud is good.

You fooled me. See? I told you I don't read much anymore :o)

Good to see you here!

Hugs,
Mary

dmmgmfm said...

Really gorgeous photos, Cathy. So glad to see your post.

Hugs,
Laurie

julie said...

I didn't realize you were still in Ohio. I lived there for five years, and must admit that I prefer Arizona. Thanks for the Botanical garden link - I really need to scoot over there one of these days, before it gets too hot!