Friday, May 14, 2010

Curiosity









Can't quite explain why I found this vignette so touching. The swan is a year old this spring. He's starting to spend less time around his watchful parents - an adolescent thing.

But I never expected this in a swan. I watched him circling beneath a tree. My binoculars revealed the cause. A Kingfisher sat in the branches above him. The young swan was curious. Imagine that. In this new heart under those white feathers. Wonder. About his world.


______________________________________________________________

9 comments:

julie said...

How delightful - I wonder what he was wondering?

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

What a lovely series.

threecollie said...

That is so cool! I am so glad you were there to catch the pictures.

Mary said...

Made me smile. Those kingfishers are hard to keep still. I do wonder what the swan was wondering.

Sweet, Cathy.

Laurie said...

Oh goodness, that is just wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Miss you.

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

bev said...

Wonderful series of photos. I've always thought that you seem to catch these very cool little sequences that many of us miss. I do think animals are much more curious that we give them credit. When I kept dairy goats, I often saw them acting out of curiosity -- approaching something that seemed terrifying (to them) when they didn't have to -- just because they had to know what that thing was -- such as an old garbage bag that had blown into the pasture and was caught in a tree. Once they realized they'd been had by a garbage bag, they would tear it down, leap and stomp on it. Pretty funny.

Emory said...

check this | there | this site | here | this page | there | check this | this site

this page | here | there | check this | this site | here | this page

here | this site | this page | there | check this | this site | here | this page

Leopold said...

To my mind one and all must browse on it.
pick free game | shooting games | online games | download games | best world games