Wednesday, August 09, 2006

'Now' Reflected & Refracted




When you face this moment of life with full consciousness, the miracle happens. The mind stops and suddenly you are aware, silent and at peace. You enter the fire of Now.
Put aside your ideas about the ultimate truth and experience reality directly.
These photos record photons of the reflected visible light of the electromagnetic spectrum. (Plato's cave shadows?) They in turn have bounced from clouds and trees and air molecules to ultimately collect on my retina. The rest is pure mystery. Yes, even more so, the pleasure it all provides. To watch water magic go to Bonita's 'Flitzy Phoebie Blog and watch her canoe videos. Entrancing.

5 comments:

Bonita said...

I see exquisite images like this when we go canoeing. The water holds so many abundant images created from the play of light, movement and water. I love video-taping it with a close-up lens, to watch it dance. (Should you get a chance, 3 canoeing videos are on my sidebar, for viewing, and there is one that features this water dance....)

Cathy said...

Bonita! I meant to mention your canoeing videos on this post. When I first discovered your blog and watched the videos I knew I'd discovered a special woman. The water dance was entrancing and I'm going to watch it again right now :0)

Bonita said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed them, Cathy...

Salar37_Shushan said...

Love the shell photo!

Anonymous said...

When you commented on gigglefern.com this week, Cathy, I realized that I had been negligent in not visiting your site recently. Life is full! At any rate, I made amends this morning and was happy I did. You have so many beautiful images on your site but these water images REALLY drew me. And led me to another site which led to another site! You just never know where things will lead on the Internet! The only shortage is time!

Thanks!