Sunday, July 30, 2006

Galaxy and Black Hole


In a near heat-stroke delirium, I snapped this picture of a spider web and its owner. I couldn't shake the sense of the metaphor that the spider is a black hole sitting at the center of a galaxy, its concealed mass drawing other inhabitants inexorably into its heart. Sorry for the tone, here. Actually, I think spiders are cool and I don't scream for help when I see one - hmmmm . . . except for the 4-incher on the inside of the shower curtain in the cabin in Arizona. I screamed. Thank God for men who still come running.

6 comments:

Daisy-Winifred said...

Love the rainbow caught in this web too, but you're right it is like a net across the entrance of a black hole, stargate or some such. Take care with the heat, raining here for the last 24hrs non stop and more on the way so we are back to a usual Welsh summer:0)

Anvilcloud said...

Great photo as usual. A four inch spider is nothing to be calm about.

Casey said...

Haha... yeah, but what about men who "go running" when they hear about 4-inch spiders?

Bonita said...

You manage to capture such fascinating images - just great. Makes me want to go out to the garden with a flashlight, and see what I can find. I sure hope there's nothing moving in the web, though...

Dr. Idio said...

I came upon your blogg by pure accident and saw this photo.

Reminds me of patience for some reason. Vary cool!

Cathy said...

Yes, patience is the very soul of being 'spider'.