Monday, July 24, 2006

Home From The Sea


It's so nice not to be in motion. Soloing Interstate 90 for two days (some in rain) challenges this Nervous Nelly. It's so tough not to indulge the longing and the regret that sea breeze and beach roses are a fading memory and that a great chunk of this continent now lies between us and our son. I remind myself that air travel has vastly reduced those distances. I really do try to be a glass-half-full gal, but it seems sometimes beyond my capacity. Now there's the laundry, the month's worth of vacation detritus spilling from the van and jeep and the need to resist the couch-potato position now that the paths and beauty of Cape Cod are once again, next summer's dream.

3 comments:

Bonita said...

I have missed you, and I bet your mailbox and e-mail were full to brimming. A month's vacation sounds like heaven. It is regretable that one has to come back to the familiar, yet comfort, of home.

Anonymous said...

welcome home, Cathy :) Forget the Jeep for a day or so - it will keep....

Cathy said...

So nice to hear from you both, Bonita and Sue! I'll be checking in with you when the dryer is finished coughing out towels and shorts:0)