Thursday, November 30, 2006

Before The Snow Blows


The forecast for tomorrow indicates that the reprieve is over. The Thanksgiving holiday was warm and sunny (in Midwest terms) . The winds are going to start blowing. Thunderstorms will precede some serious winds. Chicago anticipates as much as 8 inches of snow. Several thousand radiologists will be trying to leave Chicago's RSNA convention to travel to their homes around the globe. One small group will be heading toward Toledo - talk about unfortunate timing. Before the snow blows I'm posting a picture of a July saltwater pond in Chatham on Cape Cod. The tide is out and the dinghies wait for the Moon and Sun magic to lift them from the mudflat. A little like I feel during the long winter months.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I saw several flakes on the ground this morning. They've since been washed away, but the rain seems to be at least semi-freezing at the moment.

Bonita said...

I heard on the news that our storms here were headed East. We had terrible ice, wind, and snow, perhaps 4 inches here. The temps were down to 18 degrees, and I couldn't get out for my walks. Today it is much warmer, and I plan on a good walk before I head out to Montana.

Anonymous said...

It has been windy and gray here all day and now it is starting to snow, yet again. This kind of weather makes me feel kind of bleak, but your picture made my day (or at least my hour). Thanks!

LauraHinNJ said...

Love the colors in this pic - nice antidote to the grays and browns of Autumn.