Thursday, January 04, 2007

Newt's Navel Antidote

Hmmm. Practically everyone I know is pushing back at the blues. Well, not everyone, but I think my random sampling across the table during get-togethers with friends and in phone calls with an assortment of friends, relatives and others reveals a definte down-turn in moods. It's just got to be the lack of light. How in heaven's name do people in really northern latitudes manage this time of year? What would we do without laptops/computers? What would we do without the DVD player attatched to the TV? Yes! Yes! I admit it! I spend far too much time in front of the monolith, that is - the altar, er - I mean big flat panel TV.

Anyway - I was searching my photo files for an antidote photo for newt's navel dysphoria, I found this one taken last Spring in the local gardens. Remember daffodils? Remember their bright trumpets nodding on a bright spring breeze? Remember. And smile.

3 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

What a great post Cathy. As usual, just what I needed. Thank you! As my dad always says "Thing Sprink". ;-)

Cathy said...

Laurie - Ahhahaha - I thought it was a typo and then I read it again - That's darling - tell him I said so :0)

Anvilcloud said...

About three months until we see daffodils here. Meanwhile, although I'd like some snow (it's all gone here), I have enjoyed some of this mild weather, especially when it's sunny too.